Saturday, September 18, 2010

Character Animation



When it comes to character design, the animator should create a character they feel comfortable animating. Looking at other animations in main stream television, I notice that each character has specific features and movements that bring their personality to life. When I think of an example, SpongeBob Squarepants comes to mind; besides his distinctive laugh, he has an exaggerated stroll that brings his corky personality to life. Looking at my character, his construction was simple with many circles and squares reworked to get his horsey appearance. Though I am not experienced enough to make him realistically do a show horse trot; I am happy with how he looks. The thing I learned most with animating him slightly were the differences of each tween. I used to only utilize classic tween in my animations. This assignment has branched my understanding of the use of other tweens like shape and motion tween. My character is based on the first horse I ever rode, whose name was Sugar Bear. I made his nostrils with  a shape tween to make it appear like he was snarling and have the eyes darting back and forth in search of his favorite treat, a sugar cube.

1 comment:

  1. He is like so adorable!!!! like he looks shy, nice, and corky!!! I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete